Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 6: Uninformed Cambridge Tour

Up at ~11:20am to a plumber.

Realized at 12:45pm I had no idea where I was supposed to meet Saurabh at 1pm... I had a name "Centre for Mathematical Sciences," which gave an address. However, at least in the United States, mailing addresses on campuses are notoriously different from where the buildings actually are. E-mailed and called Saurabh with where I was intending to go
"
Isaac Newton
Contact Details:
Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences
20 Clarkson Road, Cambridge, CB3 0EH, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)1223 335999 Fax: +44 (0)1223 330508
E-mail: info@newton.ac.uk
"

and a backup location "The model of Cambridge outside of Great Saint Mary's Church".

To the Centre for Mathematical Sciences.

Missed Saurabh because I was late by about 15-20 minutes.

To Saint Mary's! Only 8 or so minutes late. Luckily, I think Saurabh was even later than I. (I had the advantage of having picked the backup location and time, and I didn't tell him until right before 1pm.)

Then we took off and wandered all over Cambridge. See here for details and here for pictures.

Home, relaxation, planning.

I tried for about 2-3 hours to find someone to walk across Southern Corsica with me, without any success. Anyone know anyone else who might want to do this from April 1-8?

No comments:

Post a Comment