Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 1: Cambridge Tour and Pints at The Eagle

Up at ~8:30am after a good night's sleep, I spent the morning poking around on my computer (writing the previous post, e-mail, games, etc.) until Aidan was ready to assume the role of tour guide and show me the sites of Cambridge.

Aidan's college.

Round Church.

St. John's.

King's.

Queen's.

Marks and Spencer is not just a clothing store!

I met Aidan's sister (Helen) and aunt (Sam).

Got to catch up with David Patrick (WWU Professor of Chemistry) from 4:15 - 5:30. He's working on the problem of decreasing the cost of solar panels by using high-transparency plastic combined with dye layers.

After returning to Aidan's house, we went for some great Indian food at a restaurant near her house.

Should upload lots of pictures for this day... >.>

(Update: https://picasaweb.google.com/apk314/ , specifically, https://picasaweb.google.com/apk314/Europe2011Cambridge )

Sleep hard at 10pm! WOOO

1 comment:

  1. It is a long way to Ireland, Janet, and I am sorry to send my little friend on such weary travels: but if I can't do better, how is it to be helped? Are you anything akin to me, do you think, Jane?
    Flights to Kilimanjaro
    Cheap Flights to Kilimanjaro
    Cheap Air Tickets to Kilimanjaro

    ReplyDelete